SURGICALLY REMOVING KELOIDS?
23-03-2015, 06:42
SURGICALLY REMOVING KELOIDS?
Hello, has anybody had their keloids surgically removed and used radiation therapy followed by injections and still had recurrence? All i hear are people having it surgically removed and no radiation therapy/injections therefore it growing back again. I need responses please. Tell me about your surgery success and failure stories please. I would really appreciate it.
03-10-2015, 15:54
RE: SURGICALLY REMOVING KELOIDS?
Hi i recently had surgery for a scar i had over my collar bone my scar was about two inches across and and like three centimeters high. I had it for 18 years. Due to the way it shaped my incsion was far bigger. After he stitched me up he gave me pull through stitches, i believe he said this would be a better route because of the way i keloid. It has beeb about 3 weeks my scar is hurting when i sleep and wake up it feels painful to move. But im assuming because of the healing stage. The treatments i am using to prevent it from coming back is scarguard liquid silicone and scar fx silicone patches. He did inject steroid after the surgery. Everyone body is different i hope the silicone works it did work for a keloid i had on my breast due to chicken pox. Well i hope this helps.
18-12-2015, 14:31
RE: SURGICALLY REMOVING KELOIDS?
Hi Coconicole18,

2 months on, how has your recovery progressed?

I don't suppose you have any before/after photos and some of the recovery process?

Also would be intrigued to find out more about the 'scarguard liquid silicone' you refer to - perhaps it warrants a review from yourself in the Creams, Ointments & Sprays sub-forum?

Hope it's all gone well! Icon_nod

Thanks,
c_man