New keloid sufferer
20-07-2019, 07:21
New keloid sufferer
Hello everyone. I am new here and so happy this forum exists! It is just too bad that this place is not very active Icon_sad
Anyhow, I am a fairly new keloid victim. I got a small surgery to remove a tallow bump on my chest by a plastic surgeon in january this year. who would perform a certain stitching technique that would create as little a scar as possible. When I first removed the bandages the scar was perfect and I was happy...but then it began. I went to a doctor and dermatologist who both confirmed it was a keloid. It really bothers me...to be honest it is still fairly small and I can live with a scar but the thought of it that it might keep growing forever and turn into something horrendous is killing me inside and I get depressed and sometimes think it might be better to end it allready (yeah kinda extreme) if the keloid would stay the way it is now I can live with it but I still have a feeling that it is changing and growing 6 months after the surgery. I sometimes get so scared and obsessed about it that I keep taking pictures of it nearly every day (as a result I have a pretty nice photo log of it's development ^_^;) can somebody tell me that keloids will stop growing after a while? My dermatologist said keloids usually stop growing after 3 or 4 months but it has been 6 months and I still see change...if only I knew that it would not get bigger than it is now I would be fine...
20-07-2019, 08:19
RE: New keloid sufferer
It is hard to say. I have keloids and they formed because of the acne on my chest. It may stop growing after several months because it becomes mature. But it will keep itching and red in hot weather. This will make you feel really bad. It is better to consult an expert.
20-07-2019, 08:49
RE: New keloid sufferer
Thank you for your reply. The doktors told me I should keep it out of the sun wich is what I try to do as much as I can. It is red sometimes but luckily it does not itch (if i do feel an itch then it is usually the skin surrounding it that itches a little) my keloid does also this weirf thing...I regularly measure its sizes as well and it is as if it does not becoe bigger that much lately but it keeps transforming in shape within the same dimentions...it is wierd. Does anybody else have this experience?