My abscess surgery scar - Which treament?
02-04-2019, 07:50
My abscess surgery scar - Which treament?
Hi there guys,

I hope i can find help here.

Around 5 weeks ago, i got a mixture of abscess/sebaceous cyst removed. The wound is around 4cm long and right beside my chestbone.

The scar itself is not particularly raised and not really a Keloid. I hope you guys can still help me out.

The scar is pretty red, and the stitch dots/lines (i dont know how they are called, the areas where the stitches were set) are very visible and red too.

I wanted to do silicone treatment, however: I've had the experience, that patches dont hold very well in that area, caused by the constant movement that you have in that chest area, especially at night if you move from side to side. Also being hairy doesnt help either.

So i wanted to ask you guys: Are silicone sheets a solution? I'm afraid I'll spend 50 Dollars and they won't even hold in place properly. I'd need one that adheres well.

Right now, I'm using contractubex which I rub in until it's completely soaked up. After a few minutes, I put on a thin layer of strataderm silicone gel. Do you guys think using both may be problem?

Hope you guys can help me out!
Sidenote: I'm from europe, so I guess most american products cant' be delivered to me...
09-04-2019, 08:50
RE: My abscess surgery scar - Which treament?
Anyone? Icon_sad

Added a picture. Scar is 6 weeks old at that moment.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

15-04-2019, 08:42
RE: My abscess surgery scar - Which treament?
Hi JimJohn,

Sorry to hear you think you may have a keloid, or similar scar, forming. Let's hope its not. However it's great you're attacking it early, that's the best way to deal with them!

From experience I'd suggest both of these:

Haelan-Tape-for-Keloid-Scars

Cica-Care-Gel-Sheet-for-Keloid-Scars

Both are available in Europe, as I'm in the UK and have had both.

The latter will be recommended by medics more popularly, however I've had more success with the former. It appears to be available on prescription only these days...

As you'll see in this forum, there is lots of mention of ScarAway too, but I can't say I've had any experience with it.

I'd recommend acting fast, the sooner you can apply something, the better.

Let us know how you go, and good luck,

Thanks,
c_man