My ScarAway silicon weekly update
05-05-2013, 13:05
My ScarAway silicon weekly update
Recently bought a 3 month supply of ScarAway silicone gel sheet and thought I'd do a weekly update for you guys. I'm not expecting any miracles or expecting my keloid to disappear completely. So why not give it a go.

Here's my keloid it's located in the middle of my chest:

[Image: scarwk1.jpg]

I've started using ScarAway on 3/5/2013. The pic above is what it looks like after day 2 no change in appearance yet.

Updated pic at the end of week 1.
06-05-2013, 21:52
RE: My ScarAway silicon weekly update
Hi bone,

Great idea Icon_thumbsup. I think many of us will be interested to see how you progress; fingers crossed it works, or at least has a positive effect Icon_smile.

It would be interesting to see the product itself; to see how thick the sheets are, how big they are, etc. It may even be useful to see it applied on your keloid. You mentioned its on your chest - does ScarAway restrict movement in any way whilst its applied? Details on how long you keep it on for and how often it needs to be changed would also be useful.

All the best! Icon_toppa
c_man
07-05-2013, 11:29
Just a quick update this is what the silicone sheet looks like. It's a a light skin colour and it's under 1mm thick.

A 3 months supply comes with 12 pieces of silicone sheets.

I really like this product as it sticks to your skin even after washing it or even during exercise. I've used other silicone sheet where it loses it adhesive after couple of wash.

It also comes with a small carry case Icon_smile

[Image: IMG_9136.JPG]

[Image: IMG_9137.JPG]
07-05-2013, 20:41
Hi bone,

Thanks for that Icon_toppa.

At 1mm it sounds appealing. Especially when wearing it under t-shirts and shirts. Currently, I have Cica Care which is simply too thick.

How many hours a day are you wearing this for? I'm definitely going to look into it Icon_thumbsup

Also, is the material too strong to cut into? One sheet may be too big, so it could be useful to cut it in half.

Thanks!
c_man
08-05-2013, 12:04
I really like it, it's very soft so you wont have any problem cutting it.

The only time i take it off when it take a shower or any activity where i know I'm going to be sweating a lot. Otherwise it's probably on my chest for 20hrs plus. The instruction says it should applied min of 12hrs.

The good thing is that I hardly notice it at all, it's very comfortable.

Good luck
11-05-2013, 13:48
Just a quick update on ScarAway silicone sheet. See the image of my keloid.

I've been using this product for the past week and very happy with it. As stated from my original post I'm not expecting any miracle.

The second image (below) is what my scar look like after wearing the silicone sheet for a week. I think there's a bit of change, really hard to tell.

One good tip, make sure you wash the sheet properly. Otherwise you might get some sort of skin irritation.

[Image: photo.JPG]
15-05-2013, 12:55
Hi Bone,

(08-05-2013 12:04)bone Wrote:  I really like it, it's very soft so you wont have any problem cutting it.

The only time i take it off when it take a shower or any activity where i know I'm going to be sweating a lot. Otherwise it's probably on my chest for 20hrs plus. The instruction says it should applied min of 12hrs.

The good thing is that I hardly notice it at all, it's very comfortable.

Good luck

Thanks a lot for this - Icon_toppa it really helps Icon_thumbsup. I'm definitely going to consider these if they aren't too expensive Icon_smile.

Good to see your update also Icon_cool - and look forward to future posts!

Thanks!
c_man
17-05-2013, 09:03
Another quick update of my ScarAway trial. My keloid after the end of week 2, see the second photo. I think it's working? I'll let you be the judge.

It's too early to tell if it's working or not. I'm assuming after the end of week 4 we should see some changes/results (fingers cross)

[Image: week2.JPG]
30-05-2013, 21:26 (This post was last modified: 30-05-2013 21:27 by c_man.)
Looking good!! Icon_surprised - definitely looks flatter on the left hand side of the image Icon_thumbsup.

Thanks,
c_man
01-06-2013, 01:17
Anothe quick update end of week3 vs end of Week 4. As you can see there's a massive change in terms of appearance. So this silicone sheet is definitely working.

[Image: WE4.JPG]