Keloid scars on my chest
18-07-2019, 20:23 (This post was last modified: 18-07-2019 20:25 by aceelhy.)
Keloid scars on my chest
I have keloid scars on my chest for more than 10 years. Recently I have got injections on my scars and using the pressure therapy. I will post my progress from time to time and hope that I can get rid of them soon!

That is how it looks like now.

20-07-2019, 07:05
RE: Keloid scars on my chest
Hey I see you are from the netherlands as well! How are the injections going? Is there any progress?
20-07-2019, 08:14
(20-07-2019 07:05)Revena Wrote:  Hey I see you are from the netherlands as well! How are the injections going? Is there any progress?

Hi Revena, the injections were done 3 times in the Maastricht UMC. They are really effective and my scars got flatten soon. But the scar color is still red after the injection. Now I am using the pressure therapy to make the scars whiter and smaller.
20-07-2019, 08:17
That is nice to hear :D how much did the injections cost and what does the pressure therapy entail? Are you using these sillicone bandages for pressure or something else?
20-07-2019, 08:31
(20-07-2019 08:17)Revena Wrote:  That is nice to hear :D how much did the injections cost and what does the pressure therapy entail? Are you using these sillicone bandages for pressure or something else?

The injections cost me around 300euro. Yes, I have a silicon device and a special garment to wear. They can give pressure on my chest. It is not comfortable to wear them and it may take 1.5 years to cure all the scars.

All cost is covered in the basic insurance, so no worries about that.
20-07-2019, 16:51
So that is like 300 euro per injection of for all 3 sessions? But the insurance paid for all of that? I am sorry for asking so many questions. My dermatologist said he wanted to wait a few more months to see how my keloid develops but after that he was sayong he could start steroid injections but I am not sure about it yet since I heard very varrying results...
20-07-2019, 19:36
(20-07-2019 16:51)Revena Wrote:  So that is like 300 euro per injection of for all 3 sessions? But the insurance paid for all of that? I am sorry for asking so many questions. My dermatologist said he wanted to wait a few more months to see how my keloid develops but after that he was sayong he could start steroid injections but I am not sure about it yet since I heard very varrying results...

So far I have only received a bill of 300 euro, I think it is the total cost for 3 injections. You have deductibles in your basic insurance, usually it is 385 euro. So you need to pay the first 385 euro by yourself and the amount exceeding 385 euro will be covered by the insurance. Perhaps it is better to follow your dermatologist's advice because I am also not sure whether those injections are suitable for everyone and every scar.
23-07-2019, 22:14
Is it possible to show a picture of your chest with the bandages? I want to know what to expect if I decide to do the treatment.
27-07-2019, 20:47
(23-07-2019 22:14)Revena Wrote:  Is it possible to show a picture of your chest with the bandages? I want to know what to expect if I decide to do the treatment.

I am on holiday now, and I will post a picture after I come back. Please wait for another week.
07-08-2019, 20:15
(23-07-2019 22:14)Revena Wrote:  Is it possible to show a picture of your chest with the bandages? I want to know what to expect if I decide to do the treatment.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)