Keloid on Nose
20-07-2015, 06:55
Keloid on Nose
Hello,
I was recently told I had a keloid where my nose piercing use to be. Recently as I two weeks ago. I'm trying to prepare myself as much as possible, but I'm finding out the nose is not a common place.

Most article don't seem to talk about this area having a keloid and I wanted to know if anyone did and how long before you notice real growth. At the moment mine looks the same size , some days it looks smaller but that could be my eyes playing tricks on me. I was given a topical ointment to apply everyday. I mostly experience pain in my whole nose and I was wondering can I take painkillers for that?

Also I wanted to know why everyone's keloids itch. I can't recall mine itching and I'm not sure if it's because I apply ointment time frequently through the day.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-08-2015, 14:50
RE: Keloid on Nose
Hi Badwolf,

Keloids are to form and grow most where there is area of high tension, hence they seem popular on the chest and shoulders - areas that are getting pulled/stretched quite frequently. If this theory is true, hopefully your nose keloid won't grow too much.

(20-07-2015 06:55)Badwolf Wrote:  At the moment mine looks the same size , some days it looks smaller but that could be my eyes playing tricks on me.

It may not be your eyes playing tricks. I ahve noticed my keloids do change in appearance (softer & flatter) sometimes depending on the temperature/climate!

(20-07-2015 06:55)Badwolf Wrote:  I was given a topical ointment to apply everyday.

Also I wanted to know why everyone's keloids itch. I can't recall mine itching and I'm not sure if it's because I apply ointment time frequently through the day.

What have you been provided with? Sounds like it's effective? Icon_smile

Thanks!
c_man
06-08-2015, 22:15
RE: Keloid on Nose
Thank you for your help! I was prescribed desoximetasone.