Currently applying Lugol's Iodine 12% to keloids.
12-01-2020, 18:00
Currently applying Lugol's Iodine 12% to keloids.
Hi guys, I've been applying Lugol's iodine 12% strength three times a day, for four days now. I have one keloid each on my left and right jawline, and three on my chest from a surgery I had years ago.

The exterior of keloids so far have begun, forming a sort of dark purple plastic-like shell. When i touch the keloid, the insides of it are softer than before, and warm to the touch. I currently feel a burning sensation in the scar, and when I apply a fresh coat of Iodine, the burning feeling is almost unbearable. I will try and persevere. I've read accounts that eventually that shell will peel off, revealing a smaller keloid beneath it. You are then to repeat the process. My plan is to apply the iodine three times a day, every day for the foreseeable future. I will post updates to keep you guys posted. Hopefully I see a positive result.

Do any of you have experience using Lugol's iodine on your keloid?
15-01-2020, 12:22
RE: Currently applying Lugol's Iodine 12% to keloids.
UPDATE:

So it's been a week since I started applying the Lugol's iodine to my keloids. This morning before I got in the shower, on looking at the keloid on my left jawline, I noticed what looked like a long crack along my skin. I touched it and realised it was a mixture of the dried iodine and skin. I gently tugged at it and it slid off my face like a massive scab. I then saw my keloid - which I would say is 25% smaller. The surface area is smaller and it has flattened. It has no pigmentation (colour) but that's easily resolvable. I showered and after drying off, applied a fresh coat of the 12% Iodine to it.

It burned like absolute hell. I literally was bed ridden with agony. I plan on repeating this process again and again. The pain is agonising, but if it works, will be totally worth it.

Till next time guys!
21-01-2020, 01:53
(15-01-2020 12:22)kabs90 Wrote:  UPDATE:

So it's been a week since I started applying the Lugol's iodine to my keloids. This morning before I got in the shower, on looking at the keloid on my left jawline, I noticed what looked like a long crack along my skin. I touched it and realised it was a mixture of the dried iodine and skin. I gently tugged at it and it slid off my face like a massive scab. I then saw my keloid - which I would say is 25% smaller. The surface area is smaller and it has flattened. It has no pigmentation (colour) but that's easily resolvable. I showered and after drying off, applied a fresh coat of the 12% Iodine to it.

It burned like absolute hell. I literally was bed ridden with agony. I plan on repeating this process again and again. The pain is agonising, but if it works, will be totally worth it.

Till next time guys!
Great! After reading this I decided to try lugol's iodine for my keloids in chest and shoulders. BTW thanks sharing your experience.....

Sent from my SM-A705GM using Tapatalk
21-01-2020, 06:09
(21-01-2020 01:53)K M IRFAN Wrote:  
(15-01-2020 12:22)kabs90 Wrote:  UPDATE:

Till next time guys!
Great! After reading this I decided to try lugol's iodine for my keloids in chest and shoulders. BTW thanks sharing your experience.....

Sent from my SM-A705GM using Tapatalk

No problem mate. It is painful when you apply it, but the sting should subside after about an hour. Try to keep the iodine only on the keloid. I will continue to post further updates. Best of luck!