Currently applying Lugol's Iodine 12% to keloids.
12-01-2020, 18:00
Currently applying Lugol's Iodine 12% to keloids.
Hi guys, I've been applying Lugol's iodine 12% strength three times a day, for four days now. I have one keloid each on my left and right jawline, and three on my chest from a surgery I had years ago.

The exterior of keloids so far have begun, forming a sort of dark purple plastic-like shell. When i touch the keloid, the insides of it are softer than before, and warm to the touch. I currently feel a burning sensation in the scar, and when I apply a fresh coat of Iodine, the burning feeling is almost unbearable. I will try and persevere. I've read accounts that eventually that shell will peel off, revealing a smaller keloid beneath it. You are then to repeat the process. My plan is to apply the iodine three times a day, every day for the foreseeable future. I will post updates to keep you guys posted. Hopefully I see a positive result.

Do any of you have experience using Lugol's iodine on your keloid?
15-01-2020, 12:22
RE: Currently applying Lugol's Iodine 12% to keloids.
UPDATE:

So it's been a week since I started applying the Lugol's iodine to my keloids. This morning before I got in the shower, on looking at the keloid on my left jawline, I noticed what looked like a long crack along my skin. I touched it and realised it was a mixture of the dried iodine and skin. I gently tugged at it and it slid off my face like a massive scab. I then saw my keloid - which I would say is 25% smaller. The surface area is smaller and it has flattened. It has no pigmentation (colour) but that's easily resolvable. I showered and after drying off, applied a fresh coat of the 12% Iodine to it.

It burned like absolute hell. I literally was bed ridden with agony. I plan on repeating this process again and again. The pain is agonising, but if it works, will be totally worth it.

Till next time guys!
21-01-2020, 01:53
(15-01-2020 12:22)kabs90 Wrote:  UPDATE:

So it's been a week since I started applying the Lugol's iodine to my keloids. This morning before I got in the shower, on looking at the keloid on my left jawline, I noticed what looked like a long crack along my skin. I touched it and realised it was a mixture of the dried iodine and skin. I gently tugged at it and it slid off my face like a massive scab. I then saw my keloid - which I would say is 25% smaller. The surface area is smaller and it has flattened. It has no pigmentation (colour) but that's easily resolvable. I showered and after drying off, applied a fresh coat of the 12% Iodine to it.

It burned like absolute hell. I literally was bed ridden with agony. I plan on repeating this process again and again. The pain is agonising, but if it works, will be totally worth it.

Till next time guys!
Great! After reading this I decided to try lugol's iodine for my keloids in chest and shoulders. BTW thanks sharing your experience.....

Sent from my SM-A705GM using Tapatalk
21-01-2020, 06:09
(21-01-2020 01:53)K M IRFAN Wrote:  
(15-01-2020 12:22)kabs90 Wrote:  UPDATE:

Till next time guys!
Great! After reading this I decided to try lugol's iodine for my keloids in chest and shoulders. BTW thanks sharing your experience.....

Sent from my SM-A705GM using Tapatalk

No problem mate. It is painful when you apply it, but the sting should subside after about an hour. Try to keep the iodine only on the keloid. I will continue to post further updates. Best of luck!
27-01-2020, 07:09 (This post was last modified: 27-01-2020 21:48 by kabs90.)
Shed another layer of the keloid on my left jawline. Its like the Iodine melts the keloid down and turns it into a scab. Both keloids on either side of my jaw have been reduced by at least 40% volume now.

This is what the scab looks like when it peels off. The keloid is around half the size of the scab, you have to be careful with the Iodine, any skin it touches will trigger growth of new skin beneath it, so try and keep the iodine mainly on the keloid. The cotton bud is just for scale.

https://imgur.com/a/361ANJU

The iodine is painful, but touch wood it seems to be working. On we march.
05-02-2020, 03:59
(27-01-2020 07:09)kabs90 Wrote:  Shed another layer of the keloid on my left jawline. Its like the Iodine melts the keloid down and turns it into a scab. Both keloids on either side of my jaw have been reduced by at least 40% volume now.

This is what the scab looks like when it peels off. The keloid is around half the size of the scab, you have to be careful with the Iodine, any skin it touches will trigger growth of new skin beneath it, so try and keep the iodine mainly on the keloid. The cotton bud is just for scale.

https://imgur.com/a/361ANJU

The iodine is painful, but touch wood it seems to be working. On we march.

Do you have a before and after picture? And my problem is the colour of the keloid. I was wondering if that helped you at all?
05-02-2020, 09:16
I'm currently at work but I will try and post pictures later. I've noticed that when the scab peels off, some of the new flatter keloid has no colour (I think the work is depigmentation). I don't think the iodine will restore the original colour to your keloid, but it should make it smaller and flatter.
29-03-2020, 20:57 (This post was last modified: 29-03-2020 21:00 by kabs90.)
UPDATE:

The keloids on either side of my jaw have both decreased in volume by around 70%. The surface area remains the same, but they are a lot flatter. The skin of the keloid is still "keloid" skin (purple-ish, rubbery) but it no longer itches and as I mentioned, is a lot flatter. The keloids on my chest have reduced in volume by around 50%. I've just finished a bottle of Lugols 12% and have ordered a new one. I know that I can't use Iodine forever but I want to keep going until the keloids on my jaw are almost flush with my skin. I am somewhat fortunate that after showering and applying the Iodine, I am able to use Toppik hair fibers to sort of blend the keloids into my beard.

My hope with the Iodine is that the keloids will be flush with my surrounding skin and I can blend them into my skin with makeup concealer.

As mentioned before, the Iodine is painful, as it burns off the topmost layer of skin. But this is the most effective keloid treatment I have used, and I have done excision, C02 laser ablation, cryotherapy, steroid injections, steroid tape, silicone sheets, and pressure garments.

On we march!
23-05-2020, 18:10 (This post was last modified: 23-05-2020 18:20 by kabs90.)
Hey guys, I hope are all well in these strange times in which we find ourselves!

So I began this process with the hope of flattening 5 keloids - one on each side of my jaw and three on my chest. I apply the Lugol's Iodine twice a day - immediately after showering and before bed.

I believe I hit a plateau of sorts. The keloids would continue to peel away after a week of continuous Iodine application, but they wouldn't get noticeably flatter. So now after I peel off the weekly layer, I use a derma roller on the keloids before applying the iodine. It seems to be working - today I peeled off a layer on my left jaw keloid and it was flatter than the previous week. Be warned though - as you are pricking holes in the keloids when you apply the Iodine it will burn like absolute hell. I have grown to like the pain though, I see it as a sign of the keloid being tormented haha.

SIZE UPDATE:

The keloid on the left side of my jaw/cheek has flattened in size by around 80% volume. It is almost flush with my skin, aside from a few areas.

The keloid on the right side of my jaw has flattened by around 60%. Good improvement.

Two of the keloid on my chest have flattened by around 50%, with the most stubborn one only around 40%.
____

If you decide to give this a try, dont be alarmed by your keloid(s) going brown - it is just the Iodine staining the skin.
____

I will continue with the application of Lugol's Iodine for as long as required, as my ultimate goal is to achieve at least an 85% flatness in all of them so that I can apply custom skin colored foundation onto to them and they won't be noticeable at all.

On we march!
26-05-2020, 01:44
Wow, do you have a before and after picture? Do you have to use 12%? Can we use something lower such as 5%?

Good luck!

Thanks,