CryoShape Blog and Q&A
14-08-2016, 23:19 (This post was last modified: 15-08-2016 18:01 by CryoKeloid.)
CryoShape Blog and Q&A
Hi. I'm new here but have visited a few times in the past. I have keloids and just had my 5th CryoShape procedure on August 11, 2016. I have started a blog (currently without pictures) to explain what to expect during the process and the final outcome, which I hope someone considering the procedure will find helpful. The blog can be found at http://cryoscars.blogspot.com/

A little about my scars. I grew my first keloid at the age of about 9 or 10 with an ear piercing, which was excised and grew back, which was excised again and didn't grow back. At the time, I didn't know how persistent these things are, so suffice to say, I was very lucky. I am a few years shy of 30 and have also had the unfortunate pleasure of acne growing up. I have keloids on my shoulders, chest, back (mid to upper) and a couple small ones on my face.

I have not had any other procedure (aside from my ear) besides CryoShape. I had my first treatment in 2008 then again in about 2012, then 2013, and finally twice in 2016. The one I'm blogging about is the second treatment in 2016. I was not a fan of the first dermatologist, so I opted to dish out the money for a second procedure with another derm.

This procedure has worked fantastically for me, which is why I am now on my 5th treatment. Please feel free to ask any questions. I will not divulge the cost as every case is different and I will disclose the dermatologist I saw after about 6 months when I should be able to see the results. Other than that, please ask any questions about the procedure. Thanks!

(Side note: I've gathered that c_man may run this site. I greatly appreciate what you're doing)
24-08-2016, 10:04
RE: CryoShape Blog and Q&A
Hi CryoKeloid,

Many thanks for posting Icon_toppa look forward to reading your blog in the coming days. It will no doubt be helpful as I know relatively little about the procedures involved. Feel free to continue to post here as well, though, even if it's to refer to updates to your blog. Alternatively you are welcome to blog here Icon_thumbsup.

You may see kimmiexsweetie's thread http://www.keloidscarforum.com/Thread-Cryoshape-Fail about a pretty disappointing experience, which has left her with larger scar tissue and seemingly no support. It would be good to know whether your doctors provided any form of guarantee (unlikely due to the nature of these stubborn scars Icon_twisted ) and more importantly any post treatment care plan to ensure the recovery remain on track. If so, what did this comprise of?

(14-08-2016 23:19)CryoKeloid Wrote:  (Side note: I've gathered that c_man may run this site. I greatly appreciate what you're doing)

It's difficult, but I'm trying Icon_smile. Thank you for your kind words, it is most appreciated Icon_toppa.

Look forward to learning more about your CryoShape journey Icon_thumbsup

Thanks,
c_man
10-12-2016, 03:18
RE: CryoShape Blog and Q&A
Thanks for replying. It has been about 3 months and all the keloids treated have flattened either 100% or very close to it. I actually just had another procedure done yesterday Dec 9 on some other keloids. I swear by CryoShape.

No doctors that I have been to have offered any guarantee. I can say that out of the 5 or 6 times I've had it done that no scars became worse and the most stubborn are the keloids in the middle of the chest. Shoulder keloids seem to respond the best, but all have shown improvement to at least satisfactorily, if not, completely flat.

Post op care is pretty simple. Apply ointment and gauze for draining. It takes about 1-2 weeks for drainage and scabbing then up to 3 months for flattening.

Please PM me if you're interested in getting the name of the doctor I am currently seeing. She is amazing!