Blogging my Story - Post-Otoplasty Keloids
22-03-2017, 22:11
Blogging my Story - Post-Otoplasty Keloids
I've just started my Keloid healing process and am blogging the progress.

http://keloidsite.wordpress.com

I just noticed the growth on Saturday and had my first injection on Monday. It's been a bit of a whirlwind. I've been wearing a hat (I have no hair to cover it!) and have been hesitant to go out anywhere.

For those of you who have done the injections, when did you start notice even the slightest improvement?
17-05-2017, 22:33
RE: Blogging my Story - Post-Otoplasty Keloids
Hi mykeloidstory,

Great blog Icon_thumbsupIcon_surprised.

Feel free to use this thread to post updates, pictures, anything. All information is helpful Icon_thumbsup.

Whilst I cannot answer your question, I wish you good luck. Have you seen any improvement since your post?

Keep us updated!

Thanks,
c_man
12-06-2017, 05:44
So how has it progressed? You must have received a 2nd injection by now?

The first few days after any injection to treat a keloid, the scar will appear to be larger. It's the 2nd or 3rd week that I tend to notice change. This is especially true when the tissue is hard and fibrous. The nature of the keloid it is so dense, there is no "space" for the steroid to go. Over the course of several treatments, the steroid makes its way into the tissue and will have an impact. As the keloid gets softer, the steroid can get better absorbed and the results are more pronounced.

My first treatments, many many years apart for several months at a time showed little to no improvement. I quit for about 12 years. My latest physician decided to treat the keloids with a little bit of liquid nitrogen in order to break up the cells before administering the steroid injections. Huge improvement and response. After 4 or 5 months of treatment, we took a break and now are resuming. The keloids did not reform or get hard again during the intermission, so now there's no need for the liquid nitrogen. We are lowering the dosage and monitoring the change.
28-06-2017, 19:33
(12-06-2017 05:44)nathantpham Wrote:  This is especially true when the tissue is hard and fibrous. The nature of the keloid it is so dense, there is no "space" for the steroid to go. Over the course of several treatments, the steroid makes its way into the tissue and will have an impact. As the keloid gets softer, the steroid can get better absorbed and the results are more pronounced.

Thanks for this info - very useful and I've certainly learned something Icon_thumbsup. I backed out of the steroid injections many years ago (out of the valid fear of reoccurrence) and so didn't get as educated on the topic as I would've liked.

Thanks,
c_man
07-10-2017, 15:16
Great blog. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Helps a lot.