7years old Hot Water Colegen Dressing Keloid Formation
16-02-2017, 18:39
7years old Hot Water Colegen Dressing Keloid Formation
My 7 Years old Daughter Sania had suffered a hot water burn injury on chest and part of left arm on 26th august and immediate she was administered a routine burn injury dressing and than was advised to be admitted in hospital for COLLAGEN DRESSING and was discharged

Surgeon advised for a Slicon Gel Contractubex application since than . she has frequent mild to moderate itching on the affected area

I Have consulted a Swedish doctor who was kind enough to send treatment method online but the process which told is not easily available in my place

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-03-2017, 17:39
RE: 7years old Hot Water Colegen Dressing Keloid Formation
Hi saniabatool,

Sorry to hear of your daughter's misfortune. Her scarring is quite horrific and puts my own into perspective Icon_cry.

I've re-hosted your images for you below:

(note, I've purposely missed the second image which contains some personal information regarding your daughter and her surgeon's notes - you may wish to remove/blank out such information from your post?)

[Image: j1h5kmc.jpg]

[Image: 2WKrOU3.jpg]

(16-02-2017 18:39)saniabatool Wrote:  Surgeon advised for a Slicon Gel Contractubex application since than . she has frequent mild to moderate itching on the affected area

I have not personally come across 'Contractubex' before but will certainly look it up. There are several topical treatments you can try which may provide some relief, have a look here: Creams, Ointments & Sprays and also here: Silicone Gel & Sheets. Sadly it is very much a case of trail and error.

Given the extent of her keloids, it may be worth considering compression garments, often used for those suffering from burns - have a look here: Pressure Garments for Keloid Scars.

Please keep us updated on progress?

Good luck Icon_thumbsup

Thanks,
c_man